Friday 7 December 2007

Dennys, Dairy Queen and Super 8



This photo is for the benefit of Hannah who's in Salt Lake City, and posted some great photos of drive-thru McDs in the snow...

It's taken in Vernon, BC, Canada. We'd been driving through a rain-soaked Okanagan, staying in motels and not really seeing what we'd come for i.e. sun-soaked valleys and beautiful lakes. Anyway, at Vernon we ended up staying at the Super 8 on the main motel drag having arrived too late and being too poor to find alternative. We had dinner in Denny's over the way. I took this photo - as the shutter clicked, the battery died - from the inside of Denny's looking back to our motel (you can just see the sign in the distance). I had just eaten a cheese and ham toastie and was sipping a luke warm glass of white wine. And boy, was I miserable that day.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You know exactly what I mean... but even getting lukewarm white wine around here is tricky!!

I'm thinking of doing some pics and a post on fast food joints. Or on packaging in fast food joints, to be more precise. I'll see if I can get some good pics first....