Thursday 18 October 2007

As the saying goes

Recently, as I go to sleep, I've been writing an update to my blog in my head. Needless to say, by morning the genius has evaporated and I'm left with a blank sheet and no time to do anything about it.

An update, at least then: I'm here in Paihia still. I have no electricity and scant little running water. But there is a hot shower!! Sadly it's dependent on rainfall. At last I have some jobs. I'm a marketing consultant, a waitress and potentially a boat-charter salesperson. I have money in a kiwi bank account that is just about in the three figure zone (it fluctuates, usually in a downward trend). I am learning to sail and occasionally take the wheel of our (our?!) houseboat, which I detest - taking the wheel that is, not the houseboat itself.

Summer's on its way. Sunrise and sunset are sublime from the water. Arm muscles impressive from the rowing.

Another day in paradise...

No comments: